Old 17-01-2004, 04:05 PM
martin

Default Garden birds

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:48:13 +0100, martin wrote:

On 17 Jan 2004 15:28:18 GMT, emon (Rhiannon S)
wrote:

Hi all
I have a vague memory (No puns martin please) of there being some sort of
survey being carried out last year of the various birds people see in their
gardens. I was wondering if anyone knows who it was that ran it, and whether
or not it is still ongoing?

The reason for asking is that I've been out feeding the birds (not as regularly
as I should admittedly, but always when there is a frost on the ground) and
there has been quite a few vistors to the little patch of lawn in front of the
flats. Well once the magpies bugger off anyway, and I was wondering if that
survey thing (which I only half remember was still running.

Any help?

Thank in advance.
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------missing space!
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Q: how many witches does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: depends on what you want it changed into!

Googling with "rspb garden bird survey" (remove quotes)
produces lots including this...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/news/2003/03/birds.shtml

and...
http://www.bto.org/birdweb/survey-results.htm