Old 17-01-2004, 09:32 PM
profpam

Default Question about lighting !

Claude,

40 watts seems a little bit low for even the growing of a phal. I have
seen phals grown in the same light as cattleyas; however, I have been
told the key to growing phals is temperature and air movement. So,
perhaps, with only 40 watts you aren't even growing phals. Curiosity
has got me now. What other greenhouse bottom dwellers will grow at
minimum light -- 40 watts?

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Claude wrote:

Thanks Ray!

On the Sylvania tube itself, it`s written: Sylvania, Daylight, 40 watts Cool
White.

On the other one, Sylvania 40 watts, Warm Light

I guess if I put one of each on the same fixture, I will have a good light!
What do you think?

Thanks

Claude