Old 18-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Jim Caldwell

Default Plumeria cuttings have black rot....

I bought some plumeria cuttings last September, put them in a plastic bag on
a shelf in the garage. Looked at them today (mid-January) and three of them
have turned to black mush on the growing end, and they are are all showing
some black which I believe is probably mold. The three that are badly rotted
I threw away, but planted the others. They show some "black" but still have
some green healthy-looking tissue also. Will they still root and grow OK?
There were very hot days in the fall, and the winter has been very mild here
in S Texas. Do the cutting need to be kept cold and dry ?