Old 18-01-2004, 09:32 AM
martin

Default garden news

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:53:14 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , martin
writes

I have some from the nineteen seventies

Well I have then from no 1 so they must be older than I thought! SIGH
and they were so good in their heyday,

I do agree, so were the other CA publications.

really analysed tools and plants
and told the truth about them. Not any more ..........

Mine are "stored" in the attic, so I can't tell you the exact date.
AFAIR the CA went through a financial crisis and stopped several of
their publications for a while without reducing the subscription
charges. This was about the time when Motoring Which? stopped
-listing all the faults found on delivery of a new car,
- giving cars a really good hammering for 10,000 miles and then
reporting which bits had fallen off, broken etc.

Nowadays, they rely on the manufacturers's information and reader
surveys, which is not quite the same thing.

The Dutch CA publications are similar to the original UK publications
and much cheaper.

--
Martin