Old 16-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Phil & Diane Martin

Default garden news

hi can any one help I cannot seam to get hold of the garden news in Kent is
any one got a old one that I would get it direct from garden news
thanks Phil and Di

Old 16-01-2004, 09:32 AM
David Hill

Any good news agent , tesco, w h smiths, just ask them for it

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 17-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Phil & Diane
Martin writes
hi can any one help I cannot seam to get hold of the garden news in Kent is
any one got a old one that I would get it direct from garden news
thanks Phil and Di

Subscription number is
0845 601 1356 or
www.emapmagazines.co.uk

I think it's a good garden publication, very down to earth if you'll
pardon the pun.
I subscribed to gardening which magazine since the first issue in 1984
(got them all upstairs in a big box! Just cancelled the subscription as
it's turned into a run of the mill media orientated publication and lost
all of its plain and simple charm that it used to have and the no
nonsense evaluation of gardening items and plants.
Shame.............

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 17-01-2004, 10:39 AM
martin

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:44:37 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Phil & Diane
Martin writes
hi can any one help I cannot seam to get hold of the garden news in Kent is
any one got a old one that I would get it direct from garden news
thanks Phil and Di

Subscription number is
0845 601 1356 or
www.emapmagazines.co.uk

I think it's a good garden publication, very down to earth if you'll
pardon the pun.
I subscribed to gardening which magazine since the first issue in 1984
(got them all upstairs in a big box!

I have some from the nineteen seventies

Just cancelled the subscription as
it's turned into a run of the mill media orientated publication and lost
all of its plain and simple charm that it used to have and the no
nonsense evaluation of gardening items and plants.
Shame.............

I cancelled my Which? subscription last year, when the CA doubled and
deducted the subscription charge from my bank account, without telling
me and were unable to point to a place, where the subscription charges
are printed. If there had been a real consumer association in UK, I
would have complained to them.
--
Martin

Old 17-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , martin
writes

I have some from the nineteen seventies

Well I have then from no 1 so they must be older than I thought! SIGH
and they were so good in their heyday, really analysed tools and plants
and told the truth about them. Not any more ..........

Old 18-01-2004, 09:32 AM
martin

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:53:14 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , martin
writes

I have some from the nineteen seventies

Well I have then from no 1 so they must be older than I thought! SIGH
and they were so good in their heyday,

I do agree, so were the other CA publications.

really analysed tools and plants
and told the truth about them. Not any more ..........

Mine are "stored" in the attic, so I can't tell you the exact date.
AFAIR the CA went through a financial crisis and stopped several of
their publications for a while without reducing the subscription
charges. This was about the time when Motoring Which? stopped
-listing all the faults found on delivery of a new car,
- giving cars a really good hammering for 10,000 miles and then
reporting which bits had fallen off, broken etc.

Nowadays, they rely on the manufacturers's information and reader
surveys, which is not quite the same thing.

The Dutch CA publications are similar to the original UK publications
and much cheaper.

--
Martin

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM