Old 18-01-2004, 12:05 PM
M K Rogerson

Default Special spades

"Cicero" wrote in message
Does anybody know what those special hinged spades are called and where I
can buy one? They're supposed to take some of the effort out of heavy
digging.

Do you mean the Terex autospade? If so they are brilliant. It digs my
vegetable patch in about a quarter of the time it takes me with a
conventional spade and I don't end up with a sore back (which is why I
bought it). Sadly no longer available in this country. There was a thread a
couple of years ago which included someone's attempts to buy the whole thing
as spare parts, sadly it didn't work as a plan.

Martin R