Old 18-01-2004, 03:15 PM
madgardener

Default Colchicums!

for those of us who aren't doing the metric, could you humor us and convert
those temperatures to Please? Thanks! madgardener where it's a densly
foggy, wet, miserable winter day that more resembles Oregon or Washington
right now or even England and is 43o F up on the ridge, back in Fairy
Holler, unable to see English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset
zone 36

"William Lamb" wrote in message
Haven't seen any in the Ottawa valley. It was -33C last night
"Joe" wrote in message
Today in Calgary (zone 3A) I noticed about a dozen of these have come

out,
with completely mature flower heads, albeit closed in today's overcast

and
cold conditions (-8 celcius). I guess with this week's highs of +8 it

was
enough.

Strangely they last appeared November 2001.