Old 17-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Joe

Default Colchicums!

Today in Calgary (zone 3A) I noticed about a dozen of these have come out,
with completely mature flower heads, albeit closed in today's overcast and
cold conditions (-8 celcius). I guess with this week's highs of +8 it was
enough.

Strangely they last appeared November 2001.

Old 18-01-2004, 03:15 PM
madgardener

for those of us who aren't doing the metric, could you humor us and convert
those temperatures to Please? Thanks! madgardener where it's a densly
foggy, wet, miserable winter day that more resembles Oregon or Washington
right now or even England and is 43o F up on the ridge, back in Fairy
Holler, unable to see English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset
zone 36

Old 18-01-2004, 05:45 PM
tbell

For temps below 0š C, the formula for F is 32š minus 9/5 x C. In this
case, - 8š C = 17.6š F. A little chillier than the holler, though 43š makes
me shiver in northern CA!
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)