Old 18-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Mick

Default Help with Plant identification ?

Well thats the power of the internet Pam and Sacha , its possitively one of
these lonicera's ," i'm on the case"
The leaves I saw were at the base of the shrub , as you say , not in leaf at
the moment
Thanks for your help
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:22:07 -0000, "Mick"
wrote:

I spotted a shrub in Peterborough Central Park that i have not seen

before
,It has been in flower for a while and is very fragrant ( smells like

jasmin
my wife says) its not the common jasmin that we know .
Description

The Branches of the shrub and leaves are very much like Philadelphus,

leaves
are lanceolate.
The shrub stands at 6ft and looks old
The flowers are small cream bells.

Mine is lonicera fragrantissima and fits the description. There are
no leaves now though.

Pam in Bristol