Old 18-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Mick

Default Help with Plant identification ?

I spotted a shrub in Peterborough Central Park that i have not seen before
,It has been in flower for a while and is very fragrant ( smells like jasmin
my wife says) its not the common jasmin that we know .
Description

The Branches of the shrub and leaves are very much like Philadelphus, leaves
are lanceolate.
The shrub stands at 6ft and looks old
The flowers are small cream bells.

Any help ,much appreciated .

Mike

Old 18-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:22:07 -0000, "Mick"
wrote:

I spotted a shrub in Peterborough Central Park that i have not seen before
,It has been in flower for a while and is very fragrant ( smells like jasmin
my wife says) its not the common jasmin that we know .
Description

The Branches of the shrub and leaves are very much like Philadelphus, leaves
are lanceolate.
The shrub stands at 6ft and looks old
The flowers are small cream bells.

Mine is lonicera fragrantissima and fits the description. There are
no leaves now though.

Pam in Bristol
Old 18-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Mick

Well thats the power of the internet Pam and Sacha , its possitively one of
these lonicera's ," i'm on the case"
The leaves I saw were at the base of the shrub , as you say , not in leaf at
the moment
Thanks for your help

Old 19-01-2004, 03:23 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mick" contains these words:

I spotted a shrub in Peterborough Central Park that i have not seen before
,It has been in flower for a while and is very fragrant ( smells like jasmin
my wife says) its not the common jasmin that we know .
Description

The Branches of the shrub and leaves are very much like Philadelphus, leaves
are lanceolate.
The shrub stands at 6ft and looks old
The flowers are small cream bells.

I know the shrub - almost certainly - but can't for the life of me think
what it's called.

I'd need to look through a book of shrubs, and I guess you could do that
a lot more easily than I could ATM.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/