Old 18-01-2004, 10:09 PM
john rutz

Default Burning Down the Pond someone may be interested)

..

As for it being absorbed into the water and "suffocating" the little
water-breathers, everything I've found so far indicates that propane
will not absorb or mix with water. I guess the molecules are just too
light, they go to the surface and fling themselves skyward.

.
Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Mike
one thing to keep in mind propane/butane is heavyer than air so will
accumulate in low places ( ie your pond) so if you build this thing
make sure the starter and the gas flow work together or you could get a
heck of a flash fire when it ignites

Natural gas is lighter than air and will go straight up from the orfice
if there is no wind

John Rutz