Old 19-01-2004, 03:23 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Help with Plant identification ?

The message
from "Mick" contains these words:

I spotted a shrub in Peterborough Central Park that i have not seen before
,It has been in flower for a while and is very fragrant ( smells like jasmin
my wife says) its not the common jasmin that we know .
Description

The Branches of the shrub and leaves are very much like Philadelphus, leaves
are lanceolate.
The shrub stands at 6ft and looks old
The flowers are small cream bells.

I know the shrub - almost certainly - but can't for the life of me think
what it's called.

I'd need to look through a book of shrubs, and I guess you could do that
a lot more easily than I could ATM.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/