Old 19-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Mike Crossland

Default Hamamelis problem!

I have two small seed grown Wych-Hazels (Hamamelis virginiana) growing in
large pots in a rich loam compost. It was pointed out to me last year that
the leaves on both plants were too yellow, and that the leaves should in
fact have been a much darker green. It seems that Hamamelis grow best in an
ericaceous compost, that way they will have the proper darker shade of green
leaves. I have searched on the internet for verification of this, without
success.
Before I re-pot, any help through the group please, from hamamelis growers
would be most welcome.
Thank you,

Mike Crossland
---
My outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.