Old 19-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Sacha

Default Hamamelis problem!

Mike Crossland19/1/04 2:16

I have two small seed grown Wych-Hazels (Hamamelis virginiana) growing in
large pots in a rich loam compost. It was pointed out to me last year that
the leaves on both plants were too yellow, and that the leaves should in
fact have been a much darker green. It seems that Hamamelis grow best in an
ericaceous compost, that way they will have the proper darker shade of green
leaves. I have searched on the internet for verification of this, without
success.
Before I re-pot, any help through the group please, from hamamelis growers
would be most welcome.
Thank you,

Ray thinks it's keeping them in pots that is probably the problem. They
like almost any soil providing it's not too alkaline but they dislike
*shallow soil*. Perhaps they can't get a good enough root run in a pot.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk