Old 20-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Vinnie Murdico

Default New Pond Owner - Maintenance Question...

We'll see how long that lasts. Oh, we'll just put one in...and a
lily...ooh what are those?

You're probably right -- my wife has already mentioned some plants :-)

But the problem I'm having is that every web site or newsgroup article I
read talks about managing water such that it will support fish and plant
life, which (right now) I don't have, so I'm not sure if I would need to do
all those things: (i.e. dechlorinate, balance pH, treat for scale, etc.).

We have a hot tub so I have an idea how to some of do these water
maintenance things, but I don't want to do something that isn't necessary or
that might gunk up the water because some chemical really wasn't needed.

Thanks,
-- Vinnie