Old 20-01-2004, 06:13 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Hill Country Guidance

Mark, there are some excellent sources in the Hill Country. I don't know
them all. You will probably get a lot of responses.

A few that I know about:

http://www.nps.gov/plants/color/txhill/com.htm - excellent line drawing
art of each specimen with both common name and botanical name. All
inclusive.

http://lonestar.texas.net/~jleblanc/...lant_list.html - huge site

http://www.hillcountrymasternaturali...ts.htm#Flowers

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Research Center is in Austin.
http://www.wildflower.org/ - main index page
http://www.wildflower2.org/index.html - native plant information network
(database and images and free admission in January. You lucky person)

Native Plant Society of Texas - http://www.npsot.org. Headquartered in
Georgetown. Has a chapter there and one in Austin

Between the Master Naturalists and the Native Plant Society, you should
be able to accurately delineate a transect of your habitat, see what you
have and learn what to add.

You'll derive great satisfaction from this persuit.

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

"Mark T. Evert" wrote:
=

I'm new to Austin....live in Lago Vista on a steep hillside. My yard =

is
mostly in a natural state and I want to keep it that way for the most p=

art.
I'm interested in a guide to Hill Country plants and vegetation. Any
suggestions?

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal