Old 21-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Heidi

Default used copper sulfate, then it snowed, now my rose leaves are brown

Whew!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to know my roses will make it. I will report
back this summer how the roses are doing and speculate on if the spray
helped out.

Heidi

Anne Lurie wrote:

[Sincerely hoping I got the snipping right, just this once!]

"Shiva" (in NC) wrote to Heidi (in NC), who had sprayed copper sulfate on
roses:

Relax, kid, it is January. Your roses, if they have leaves, are supposed

to have brown leaves. If

the copper sulfate didn't do it, the SNOW did.

To which I (also in NC, not far from Shiva or Heida), lamely reply:

My roses seemed to like the snow??? The plants never really did have dried,
brown leaves -- except where my rampaging dogs broke off a cane or two --
but the plants have put out new reddish leaves since we got a few inches of
snow (around Jan. 9th, as I recall). OTOH, I would usually water the plants
during the winter, if it didn't rain.

Perhaps I have my own little eco-climate,

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC