Old 21-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Ted

Default New Pond Project

Matt,

I used EDPM from a place that manufactures it for usage around chemical and
fuel tanks. I had no problems with it. Do you know what the material you
are looking at is made of?

"matt wright" wrote in message
s.com...
I would welcome any advice. I am building a pond for the first time, it
is a large pond approx 60 feet by 30 feet and about 6 feet deep in the
middle. It has been excavated and now I aim to put a layer of "Teram"
geotextile (bit like weedblock fabric) followed by about 1 inch of sand
and then I aim to put down "silage sheet", this is the plastic farmers
use to line silage and slurry pits and comes in very large sizes. It is
much cheaper than official pond liners. Then I intend to cover the
sheet with another layer of geotextile and then sand with patches of
gravel for cosmetic effect. It will be trickle filled via a small pump
from a stream which comes off the mountains. Questions: anyone else
used silage sheet? I'm pretty certain the sheet is UV stable but would
welcome comments and any advice?
--
matt wright