Old 21-01-2004, 04:43 PM
animaux

Default Wind Chimes

Normally I would agree. Not with the shot dead part, but that may be your sense
of humor, I can't tell.

Today I saw a set of chimes which were 10 feet long, 6" wide and were 6
different lengths. It was the MOST wonderful sound I've heard a chime set make.
It was much more like a gong and it vibrated for almost 5 minutes after I rang
them. I could actually feel the vibrations.

Now, those idiotic tinkly ones you buy for a dollar, or anything that tings
instead of resonates is crap. With that I will agree.

The chimes I saw today were two thousand dollars. Hardly ugly-ass chimes and
one will serve the county.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:46:12 -0800, (paghat)
opined:

Wind chims in gardens are horrifying. They are noisy & annoying & disturb
the natural sounds a garden can engender with birds & crickets & rainfall
& rustling leaves & water features.

When some loon collects ten to sixty rackety hanging bits of ugly-ass
chimes to dangle all around the edges of their home, they make themselves
a nuisance to their neighborhood. Such collectors should be shot dead by
their own drug-dealing teenagers during a drive-by, the corpse buried
under dismantled windchimes & left to decay right there on the broken-down
porch of the chimester's trailer house.

-paghat the ratgirl