Old 22-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Frogleg

Default Luffa Gourd

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:13:22 -0700, Janice
wrote:

Loufas or luffas as they are usually called over here (USA) are like
most gourds, they like heat, but they will grow anywhere they get a
reasonable amount of sun, put some plastic down to heat the ground in
the spring to get the soil warm, start them inside, and transplant
them into the then warmed ground. ;-)

snip

What she said. Except that I call them loofahs. I have grown them in
SE Virginia, which has a long, hot (ave max temperature 89F - 32C in
late July), humid growing season. They are tropical. I expect Thompson
& Morgan sell the seeds because so many of you in cooler climates grow
hot-weather plants in greenhouses.

http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/archive/eve...01/ptypes.html