Old 22-01-2004, 02:42 PM
animaux

Default New Orleans - premature bulb bloom?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:58:02 -0600, C opined:

Welcome to the reality of global warming. The climates are changing.
It's a cyclic thing exasperated by this land's poor enviornmental policies.

Wait in anticipation and then enjoy. Plants have been around much longer
than us and they have a better feel for what's going on than we.

Global warming is a definite problem, but it has nothing to do with the
unpredictable weather in the deep south, during winter. It can be 80 today, 35
tomorrow.

Global warming is effecting the polar ice caps. It doesn't show up in ordinary
conditions at levels which would cause alarm for anyone. However, it's
insidious and effects places where nothing lives. It's evident there, but has
nothing to do with the winter weather in the south.

We all know growing bulbs which require cooling periods could possibly not
perform well. Some people insist on planting them, I do not. Daffodils I do
have planted, but they are far better for southern climates than are tulips.

Victoria