Old 22-01-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Bog gardens & String Algae

barely straw is said to work. however. in cold weather the biobugs which do the
converting shut down. string and sweater algae does not. you got fish?
I see some string algae in my veggie filter when I start it up in spring. then the
plants get big and the string algae is starved. do you have a pump in that lily
pond? Ingrid

I am looking for ideas on how to manage the string algae in the

lilly pond. The lilly pond is 15' x 45' by 3.5' or about 19,000
gallons. I know that shade and reducing nutrients reduces the green water
algae but that this won't eliminate the string algae. Now, with just the
spring water running out of the plastic drain pipes we are getting
string algae growing in the end of the pipe where the water is running out.
The nutrient level in this water must be rather high. It is acidic
also.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com