Old 22-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Sunflower

Default Roses and upstate NY

"The Wolf" wrote in message
Thinking about an arbor for a rental property in upstate NY.

What are the recommendations for climbing roses?

If this is not the right newsgroup could someone please point me in the
right direction?
--

The biggest issue you will have will be hardiness. Most roses in your zone
require extensive winter protection to be able to survive, much less bloom.

While I love Vintage Gardens and have ordered tons of roses from them, they
ARE in California and have not got a clue about hardiness issues with any of
their varieties and will make no recommendations about the issue..