Old 22-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Janet Bledsoe

Default Roses and upstate NY

Hi Wolf,

You will want a climbing rose with flexible canes for a rose arbor.
Especially if it is squared at the top. I would visit your local rose
gardens and see what they have growing, and take note of what you
like. What rose does well in one place, may do poorly in another
place. If you go to the www.ars.org website, they will have a list of
consulting rosarians from your area with their email addresses.
Contact one of them for suggestions as well.

Janet

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:40:44 GMT, The Wolf
wrote:

Thinking about an arbor for a rental property in upstate NY.

What are the recommendations for climbing roses?

If this is not the right newsgroup could someone please point me in the
right direction?