Old 22-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Phal spikes question

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:59:16 -0000, "kenty ;-\)"
wrote:

I know we are artificially growing our plants,but in nature do the old
spikes stay or eventually die?I suppose what I am saying is, in nature there
isn't anyone with a pair of scissors ready to cut off the spike so what
really is best?everyone will have there own way I suppose.

In nature - the plants are lucky to survive. But the spike will
die and dry down becoming a brittle dry stem. When the wind,
rain, birds or an animal flex it strongly enough, it will break
off.
SuE