Old 22-01-2004, 06:56 PM

Default New Pond Project

be careful about what you use. there are liners will kill the fish. if you get
liner rated for human drinking water it should be safe. but try roofing contractors
for the epdm instead. best might be to order some permalon.. is light weight.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mypond/2000/p2000.htm
do a google search for it and order it online. Ingrid

matt wright wrote:

Hi Ted, thanks very much for a reply, i was worried no-one would help.
Unfortunately the supplier is an ordinary agricultural merchants and
doesn't know what the sheet is made of! They are trying to get hold of
the manufacturers but no luck so far. However I was told by a landscape
architect that silage sheet is good as long as its UV stable. What I've
got is black in colour and quite thick, say about 0.7mm. Its not shown
any signs of cracking while its been stored for the last 8 months. I
spoke to another bloke that supplies various linings for slurry pits
and reservoirs and he said if its polypropelene it will be fine and
even if its PVC it will be okay especially if its covered over with
another layer. I think the butyl pond lining manufacturers don't want
people to know there are other options. What is EDPM? How much did it
cost and where did you get it?

Matt

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/