Old 23-01-2004, 03:41 AM
Salty Thumb

Default artwork

(paghat) wrote in
news
I've sent out Paghat Postcards for around twenty years -- original
collage artwork trusted to the mails, & I rarely see any of these
works a second time unless they turn up in some underground art
exhibition at a cafe, museum, gallery, or reproduced in documentation
catalogs. It was interesting to discover some fragment of one of my
collages has ended up on a CD:

http://www.molochcd.com/news.html

Now if it had been some bit of my fiction (for which I'm well paid)
used without permission with me finding out after the fact, I'd feel
rather annoyed & do something about that, but as the artworks are sent
into the world without expectation of much of it being saved or seen
again, it is actually nice to see it turn up. If I'd not been
credited, I would never have recognized it as a fragment of any
collage of mine. I like it when my one-of-a-kind pag-cards resurface
in new formats.

By the by, the way to get one of my art cards is to send me one you've
done, the motto being "Senders Receive!" E-attachments don't count;
has to come through the mail. If you don't already have my postal
address, feel free to request that info in a private email, or visit
http://www.paghat.com/mailartindex.html
where you'll be able to ferret out the address if you try.

-paggers

are you at least going to get a free copy of the CD?