Old 23-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Fw: growth retardant

Good Day to All,
Nina,

if your jinning or along those lines,matured wood with
a resinous species works best.Or your up the plastic
resin path.Both work.

If your looking for trunk proportions of x to pot,then some
time in the ground would be helpful.If it grows faster in the
ground that's great.

If your at the finished stage,slowed growth for a year or
two allows display.Then you would have to let it get hairy
for the tree's own health.You can then whip out the photos
and speak well of memories.chuckle.

I guess it's a matter of applying the appropriate practice
at the right time.
Working with Nature.

Of course you had my opinion on the Privet and even a
shallow pot does nothing to slow down the growth on this
little beastie.Still I love em.
This one you rush the Bonsai-ites over to look at for 2 weeks
then speak only of fond memories.

For me this is the occupational hazard of growing Bonsai/Penjing
and I take it in stride.
Of course re-potting some mame' three to four times a year
takes some getting used to.
Stay especially well,Nina,
Stay Well All,
or as Anita says