Old 24-01-2004, 12:45 AM
RichToyBox

Default Black Koi.. rare??

The black koi is a magoi. They are one of the original carp from which all
other koi were developed. I do not know how rare they are, but due to the
lack of color, they are not sold as frequently. The Japanese believe that
you have to have one of these Magoi in your pond for good luck. I know that
predators can't see them as well, so they may be there when everything else
is gone, which to them is good luck. I have one that is the product of year
before lasts spawn in my pond, plus one of my first purchases a longfin with
white on the fins.
--
RichToyBox

"T" wrote in message
link.net...

I got myself a solid Black Koi a while ago.. ( with the exception of
stomach on the bottom ) I have never sen a blakc koi before... Are these
hard to find...???
--
Tim... Lost in the state of confusion... errr make that California..