Old 24-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Curiosity

Default Garden is now a pond

Hi

I have recently visited my new bungalow which is nearing completion,
the builder is turfing the front garden but the rest of the garden is
up to me.

I was a bit dismayed to see that most of my rear garden is now a pond
about 3 to 4 inches deep. The plot has been carved out of a field used
for grazing sheep, I guess the ground has been compacted by the
building work and is accepting the runoff from the field.

It looks like I will have to hire a rotavator and put in some sort of
land drainage.

Any suggestions, I am guessing some sort of buried holy pipe leading
to a pit full of rubble (soakaway ?), I think the rainwater from the
roof is already going to a soakaway.

TIA

Paul