Old 24-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Cicero

Default Special spades

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"M K Rogerson" wrote in message

"Cicero" wrote in message
Does anybody know what those special hinged spades are called and

where
can buy one? They're supposed to take some of the effort out of heavy
digging.

Do you mean the Terex autospade? If so they are brilliant. It digs my
vegetable patch in about a quarter of the time it takes me with a
conventional spade and I don't end up with a sore back (which is why I
bought it). Sadly no longer available in this country. There was a

thread
couple of years ago which included someone's attempts to buy the whole

thing
as spare parts, sadly it didn't work as a plan.

I picked one up at an auction for £2 :-))
I believe there is also a fork version, but I haven't seen it.

Steve

Thanks for all the replies. The one I was looking for is indeed the 'Terex
Autospade' but so far I haven't been able to locate one. I'll look in a few
more garden centres next week.

Cic.