Old 25-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Kathleen

Default Cardinals flying into my windows??!!

: The above advice also worked oor me I've had this hapen on two
: seprate ocations and hanging the semblance of a predatory bird
helped
: they did not fly into the window any more . You could alos
: decorate the window by frosting or hanging some of those pretty
: window decorations like those clear stickers with designs so the
: window is not so reflective they can not see glass very well either
: and I had that problem with some birds at an apartment where my
lessor
: told me to take the owl down I wasnt' allowed to hang any thing out
: side so I tried that trick and it worked made the window nice as
well
: good luck I love birds and it would be a shame if one of them hurt
: them selves a cat a friend of mine had a cat that watched out a
: window and the nut hatches would attack him through the glass and
one
: of them actually broke a wing don't wory though she took it to a
: wild life refuge where they were able to patch him up and she
: helped to feed his mate. so she had to keep the cat out of the
: window by putting too many nick nacks for the cat to get confertable
: they had a nest there though so it may have been a slightly
different
: story.
:
: Michelle

My previous home had the "mirrored" windows and the birds were
constantly a problem. Occasionally they would leave a feather on the
window from flying at it so hard, and once in a great while one would
knock itself out and lay on the ground for a few seconds before
reviving. We bought several different fake snakes and hung them on
the side of the house next to the window. It works for a while but
then you have to move it around every so often.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen