Old 25-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default smashing up a concrete path

In article ,
John Wakefield wrote:
What tool should I use to do this? Sledge hammer or some sort of power tool.

It depends. How thick is it, and how solid is the concrete it is
made of?

You don't want a sledgehammer, but a pickaxe, anyway. If you are
buying one, I recommend a grub-axe (pick-mattock, whatever), which
has a pick on one side and a 4" broad blade the other (at right
angles to the handle). It is very useful for grubbing up stumps,
tree roots and general heavy work - and may save you from breaking
a spade!

If you need a power tool, you need a serious one, and they are right
beggars to use. You are quite likely to find it cheaper and easier
to pay a local builder for a quick visit - a simple cash transaction.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.