Old 26-01-2004, 01:05 AM
J Fortuna

Default REGARDING ABPO-?

Elinor,

I searched the newsgroup archives at groups.google.com for "abpo aol" and
found a posting by unity reporting that AOL finally started
carrying abpo in January 2003, but that they had a limit on picture size ...
plus he mentions something about needing to decode screen name file in
\organize to get pictures (???), anyway here is a link to the post
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...0mb-cl.aol.com
It all sounds rather complex -- I sure hope for you that AOL has in the
meantime changed this.
However, this January 2003 post is the very last post that David Guinty made
to rgo -- so I can only assume that AOL has restricted his posting rights or
something. :-)

I also looked for frequent posters in abpo for users with aol email
addresses
http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...11%2F30%2F2003
and found Steve but it turns out from looking at recent
messages that Steve uses Adelphia news server not AOL newsserver, you might
ask him why.

Isn't it interesting what kind of stuff one can find out looking at
newsgroup archives and statistics :-)

Joanna

"ARIET B" wrote in message
OK, so I finally couldn't stand it- and I signed up, through AOL. It

worked
just fine. I am getting tons of messages - but NO PICTURES.
Does anyone have an idea of WHAT I HAVE DONE WRONG? I have checked my
setting...and see nothing that would apply to this issue.
Elinor