Old 26-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Richard Sherratt

Default Broken branch on nectarine tree - will they ripen?

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:58:16 +1100, Terry Collins
wrote:

Richard Sherratt wrote:

snip

Someone suggested cutting the branch off and putting it
somewhere where the birds can't get to it.

Why. You might as well chuck it all away.

See previous reply.

The usual trick is to prop the branch back up in the same position. On
the farm, they would use a forked stick or two. With luck, the branch
will re-knit and continue for years.

Next year, you will know to do this early. You could also knock a few of
the flowers off to lighten the load. Wait and see how the fruit goes
this year.

Good. I don't know why I didn't ask here earlier.

snip

Are the birds a problem?

Yes. Mynahs. They got half the crop last time we had fruit.

--
Regards.
Richard.