Old 26-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Katra

Default Cardinals flying into my windows??!!

in article , Elliot Richmond at
wrote on 1.23.2004 12:20 PM:

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:48:14 -0600, BRW wrote:

Female cardinals have a tendency to sit in a tree right outside one
of my windows and to gently fly into the window - repeatedly often
until I put my hand by the window - which scares them off.

Since there is a possibility they will injure themselves, hang a hawk
or owl silhouette outside the window....

The "stooping Hawk" silhouete stuck to the glass is standard wildlife
rescue recommendation for stopping this problem...

Alternative is to purchase an owl decoy frm Wal-Mart and perch it near
the window, and move it weekly. Match stick blinds from Lowe's hung on
the outside still allow you to see out and will also work.

K.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,