Old 27-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Steve

Default REGARDING ABPO-?

ARIET B wrote:
Thanks Joanna...I chatted with Steve last night, and we got a few things
cleared up. His memories of how AOL chooses to set up their program are
getting faint, he said. He did recall that he had to set it up as NOT being
"read offline", so I found 2 oplaces to change that setting. I fooled around
with some of the settings, all of which seemed to make things worse, last
night..........................................

Elinor,
I just went in on AOL and tried to view pictures on ABPO. I couldn't do
it. Checking help, I found this:

1. Sign on to AOL using your Master Screen Name.
2. On the AOL Services menu on the AOL toolbar, point to Internet and
then click Newsgroups.
3. Click Parental Controls.
4. Select the screen name for which you want to set controls.
5. Click Edit.
6. In the Custom Control Settings window, clear the Block newsgroup file
download check box.
7. Click Save.

I did that and still all the posts with pictures were missing. Maybe if
I went back on AOL now, they would be there or maybe future posts would
start showing up with pictures. If that fails, AOL is good with live
help. Either get to the live help section or send in your question and
wait for an answer. If AOL just isn't going to work, you could try the
Tera news that Keith was talking about. I used that for a while before
Adelphia started to offer ABPO. It worked pretty well but it started
missing every picture that Wendy posted, so I grew to hate it. You could
try it. You pay the $3.95 only once and they are not out to take your money.

Steve