Old 27-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Mike Patterson

Default some pics

Finally got some pics up of the new pond. Still have some landscaping
and final electrical to do, and come spring I'm planning to add plants
& cheap fish

http://www.mindspring.com/~mikepatterson/

"pond pump" is a pic of the 3-gallon bucket in which the pump is
placed, and then landscape fabric is wrapped over the top and bungeed
in place.

The idea of the bucket is so that if the external plumbing fails, the
pond will only empty out to the level of the top of the bucket. I
think. -If- the rock in the bucket plus the weight of the pump is
heavy enough to keep it from tipping.

The fabric over the top of the bucket is to keep small fish & stuff
from getting sucked into the pump.

Still haven't had a chance to experiment with gas/flame/water etc. but
hope to when the temps come back up some. Too cold outside for my
taste right now!

Mike
Sharpsburg, GA

Mike Patterson