Old 27-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Mike Patterson

Default some pics

Finally got some pics up of the new pond. Still have some landscaping
and final electrical to do, and come spring I'm planning to add plants
& cheap fish

http://www.mindspring.com/~mikepatterson/

"pond pump" is a pic of the 3-gallon bucket in which the pump is
placed, and then landscape fabric is wrapped over the top and bungeed
in place.

The idea of the bucket is so that if the external plumbing fails, the
pond will only empty out to the level of the top of the bucket. I
think. -If- the rock in the bucket plus the weight of the pump is
heavy enough to keep it from tipping.

The fabric over the top of the bucket is to keep small fish & stuff
from getting sucked into the pump.

Still haven't had a chance to experiment with gas/flame/water etc. but
hope to when the temps come back up some. Too cold outside for my
taste right now!

Mike
Sharpsburg, GA

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
Old 27-01-2004, 04:05 PM
REBEL JOE

Nice pics thanks for shareing

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 27-01-2004, 04:12 PM
REBEL JOE

Old 27-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Denise

I like the location you chose, Mike. Very pretty! Really nice rock
placement, lovely little waterfall. Don't get "cheap" fish. Be confident
:-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 27-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Mike Patterson

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:51:08 -0500 (EST), (Denise)
wrote:

I like the location you chose, Mike. Very pretty! Really nice rock
placement, lovely little waterfall. Don't get "cheap" fish. Be confident
:-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Ohhhhh no. If the cheap fish live for 6 months, I might consider
upgrading.

To tilapia, so if my gas flame experiment goes wrong at least I can
eat the evidence...precooked!
:-)

Thanks
Mike

Old 28-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Hey Mike,

Now thats a nice looking pond, it's goint to look fantastic with some plant
growth. I don't think that your gas fire will make any difference or cause
any damage to the pond or inhabitants. Listen to Denise and be confident

I think it will make a nice place to hold drumming circles
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 28-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Mike Patterson

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:52:29 +0200, "Happy'Cam'per" wrote:

Hey Mike,

Now thats a nice looking pond, it's goint to look fantastic with some plant
growth. I don't think that your gas fire will make any difference or cause
any damage to the pond or inhabitants. Listen to Denise and be confident

I think it will make a nice place to hold drumming circles

Thanks for the comments!

I plan to put a screen of mixed shrubs aound the end away from the
waterfall, and I'm sorta thinking of adding a second waterfall.

Right now though, the "gotta get done" list is still way too long.

Sod, paths, a fence, more drainage, electrical, etc etc etc.

I'll post more pics when it's all done, should be around 2010 or so at
this rate...

Old 29-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Denise

I look forward to seeing your future PICS. Hope I don't have to wait
that long LOL.

With another foot of snow on the ground, it seems like Spring and my
digging a bigger pond are still very far away. Good skiing though :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 29-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Denise

I look forward to seeing your future PICS. Hope I don't have to wait
that long LOL.

With another foot of snow on the ground, it seems like Spring and my
digging a bigger pond are still very far away. Good skiing though :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Some pics of *my* "messy gardens" dave weil Roses 13 30-04-2011 12:27 AM
I need some suggestions. I went a little crazing with some Crocosmia 'Lucifer' and some daylillies and I need to get them undeer control! Marc Gardening 4 31-05-2005 03:17 PM
Some pics... Denise Ponds 1 05-07-2003 04:08 PM
Water gardening cat ... some pics Theo van Daele Ponds 21 22-06-2003 08:20 PM