Old 27-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] censoring subjects...was- [IBC] Mica Pots

wonder if we could say this about
all subjects brought up here...
after all we have seen many discussions
of just about everything to do with bonsai...
so if we adopt this philosophy
we all may be quiet soon eh?
*standard answer...we did it already...
search the archives...

after all... i am sure that we all change
our minds after some experiences that
prove our past disclaimer wrong for whatever
reasons...
i'd sure hate to think that people can't bring
up a subject just because it's been done
already...

boo,

Speaking as the ex-manager here, I have often wondered why people
so readily assume a message that is intended to help people find
the info they need is seen as something negative -- and even cry
"censorship." I guess it's because people tend to look on the
dark side of everything these days. :=(

I don't think I was the one who made that suggestion this time
(though I often do) but we frequently suggest that people check
the archives because we know -- from having been here a while --
the answer they seek is there. In fact, the welcome message that
people receive when they subscribe to the mailing list actually
suggests that people look there FIRST! (Of course, how silly of
me . . . no one ever bothers to read -- or even save -- that
message these days -- they're in too much of a hurry, hurry,
hurry.) We also make the suggestion because -- for the same
reason -- we know the question is (as is the case here) one for
which there is no true single answer.

So, for this as for many other claims of censorship, I add my old
familiar suggestion that you PLEASE:

"Hit
THINK before you hit SEND."

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager emeritus (self appointed)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++