Old 27-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] Japanese black pine

Cam,

Damping off MAY be a contributing factor, but the fact that you're starting
these seedlings indoors is likely the reason they're dying. Black pine
should be started outdoors in the appropriate season. They should never
find themselves indoors (except at night during a freeze - then back out in
the daytime).

Start your seeds in spring outside and you should have no problems. I've
never lost a pine seedling by following the rules of nature. Best of luck!

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.andyrutledge.com/palaver/main.htm
zone 8, Texas