Old 27-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Black Koi.. rare??

Message from a bald ponder :-)

I have one magoi as well and I love it to bits. They are the fastest
growing and usually healthiest animals in your pond, as they (probably)
haven't been crossbreeding them.

There seem to be 2 varieties: black with a brown "shine" and black with a
blue "shine" (you can only see this in very clear water with enough
sunlight).

Our magoi (called Lola :-) survived a heron attack 2 weeks ago. She had
an ugly wound, but she was impossible to catch. 2 weeks later, you can't
even see where the wound was, amazing. All fine & dandy and sneaking up on
me again.

They are certainly not rare, as they are still sold as consumer fish in
Japan. It is from there that the new KHV outbreak comes BTW.

Enjoy, they are often the most elegant koi in your pond. (when you can see
them that is :-p )

Theo

"T" schreef in bericht
news
Yeah, I think I would age quite quickly as well.. I think the rest of the
hair on my head would fall out.. *LOL*

Tim..