Old 28-01-2004, 04:35 AM
Raels

Default Harvesting worms from compost.......

"Sandra" swatkins@internode wrote in message
Hi Tony,

I bought my worms from an old guy who told me to put something delicious

on
the top of the pile in one spot, leave it for a couple of hours then scoop
en masse. Delicious = watermelon, soft tomato. A Gardening Australia book

on
composting suggested protein eg break an egg or two on top and let them

eat it.

LUcky you....... my worm farm's a shadow of it's former self. I was told
that the kits you buy don't come with enough worms. Anyway......

take the lid off, the worms will scoot to the bottom then you pick off the
top layer.

Don't know how your system's set up so I don't know how you'll get your worm
wee.

Raelene
ccc