Old 28-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Diane Epps

Default greenhouse recommendation

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I may have to replace my alton cedar greenhouse soon as the roof and
side bits are beginning to sag. It's a Dutch light one, i.e. it has
sloping sides but no really good cross bracing.

I could position it at the end of the garden where it won't be seen or
in the place my current one exists, namely to one side of the garden but
only 20 feet away from the kitchen.

Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience as to what they might
avoid or even better what they might recommend by way of one about 8 x
10 foot?
I use as a cold greenhouse and for cuttings etc.

Do I go for aluminium or cedar, again bearing in mind this one has
lasted about 20 years. Do I go for any particular make of greenhouse
(well slight reservation. Not one I'd need a mortgage to buy)
Are there many that are double glazed already now?

Thoughts pleas e

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

You could do worse than look at Harltley botanical, I cant find a web page
for them but they advertise in lots of gardening magazines.
Diane