Old 27-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default greenhouse recommendation

I may have to replace my alton cedar greenhouse soon as the roof and
side bits are beginning to sag. It's a Dutch light one, i.e. it has
sloping sides but no really good cross bracing.

I could position it at the end of the garden where it won't be seen or
in the place my current one exists, namely to one side of the garden but
only 20 feet away from the kitchen.

Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience as to what they might
avoid or even better what they might recommend by way of one about 8 x
10 foot?
I use as a cold greenhouse and for cuttings etc.

Do I go for aluminium or cedar, again bearing in mind this one has
lasted about 20 years. Do I go for any particular make of greenhouse
(well slight reservation. Not one I'd need a mortgage to buy)
Are there many that are double glazed already now?

Thoughts pleas e

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 28-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Diane Epps

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
[...]

You could do worse than look at Harltley botanical, I cant find a web page
for them but they advertise in lots of gardening magazines.
Diane

Old 28-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Derek Turner

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:44:31 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience as to what they might
avoid or even better what they might recommend by way of one about 8 x
10 foot?
I use as a cold greenhouse and for cuttings etc.

I have no hesitation in recommending Dovetail Aluminium greenhouses.
There are a number of agents and resellers but my advice is to go
straight to the manufacturer. You will get (if my experience is
anything to go by) a discount, some freebies and (most importantly of
all) friendly, personal advice during the ordering, preparing and
erecting stages. I made several telphone calls on the cordless
balanced on a step-ladder being 'talked through' something I was too
thick to work out for myself! I can't fault them.
Old 28-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Derek Turner

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:09:41 +0000, Derek Turner
wrote:

I have no hesitation in recommending Dovetail Aluminium greenhouses.
There are a number of agents and resellers but my advice is to go
straight to the manufacturer.

oops, that's

www.dovetailgreenhouses.co.uk

no connection other than as a satisfied customer.