Old 28-01-2004, 09:00 PM
dg

Default Are chemicals from hydroponic nutrient present in produce?

I am sure we have all heard somebody say something like "be careful what you
ingest, hydroponic fruit has chemicals in it". Or maybe that some
particular produce tastes "chemmy".

Is there really anything to worry about? I mean, assuming there is
"chemicals" in the nutrient solution, does the plant actually contain
chemicals that are present in the nutrients? I would like to think that
roots take only nutrients that they need and not just blindly absorb
anything that is presented to them.

Can anybody recommend any books or web sites relating to this subject? Any
input is appreciated.

Thanks,
--Dan