Old 29-01-2004, 02:33 AM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Bamboo Feature?

The message
from John contains these words:

However, I'd like to introduce a "feature" made from the large bamboo
(poles) trunks readily available in the garden centres.

I don't think a bamcoo fence all round would be suitable, and cannot
for the life of me think of an irregular shaped bamboo feature which
would fit the bill. An arbour just wouldn't look right and would
probably be too large anyway.

I'd be obliged for any ideas that you may have on the subject.

I've seen something in a friend's garden..it's rather Japanese, not
bamboo but would adapt to it.
What she has is two uprights about 1.5 m high and 2m apart. Across the
top is a horizontal which extends 30 cm either side of the supports.
There's a shallow trellis with an arch on the bottom , fixed at eye
level below the horizontal. Under the arch is vacant space. She hangs
birdfeeders and windchimes on it. (Measurements are approximate...you'd
need to play around on paper to get the proportions right).

Janet