Old 29-01-2004, 02:51 AM

Default Tomato update

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:43:41 GMT, "Dewolla Stepon"
wrote:

Sorry, Roy, all my plants are spoken for and I planted all the seeds I had.

Always a big problem with a small garden, isn't it? For example, I
like calavasita, the Mexican-style squash. But all I need is maybe
10-12 seeds. Same goes for purple peacock pole beans. Same for just
about everything else.

If I buy the seeds for the various things I want to grow, I end up
spending vastly more than I need to and having enough seeds to last a
4-6 years.

I've heard of seed exchanges. More like we need a neighborhood seed
buying coop, where we each buy one item, then trade the remainer for a
few of each of the rest.

Sounds like a good internet project, except that postage would exceed
the cost of the seeds.

Or maybe the seed companies could come up with a "small garden packet"
- a dozen seeds for, say, six different items - for a set price.

I would buy it. Monsanto! Are you reading this?

Roy - Carpe Noctem