Old 27-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Dewolla

Default Tomato update

Just finished repotting my 45 tomato sprouts from flats into 3" peat pots.
They are out in the drizzle right now, getting a diffused sunlight and
humidity. Temp outside is 55.

I'm so excited!

--
Dewolla Stepon
California, zone 9b, Sunset zone 15

Old 27-01-2004, 06:44 PM
WiGard

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:52:28 +0000, Dewolla wrote:

Just finished repotting my 45 tomato sprouts from flats into 3" peat pots.
They are out in the drizzle right now, getting a diffused sunlight and
humidity. Temp outside is 55.

I'm so excited!

--
Dewolla Stepon
California, zone 9b, Sunset zone 15

From the frozen tundra of zone 4... good!
We finally have our 4-6" of snow. Temps in the teens today, if we are
lucky. We're all hugging our monitors to stay warm. Tomatoes are all
imports which taste just as they look: plastic.

If you've seen Grumpy Old Men... that's how it is here except all the
women do not look like Ann Margaret.

"Fun" is sweating in a sauna and then rolling in snow or diving into the
lake but only after a hole has been chipped out of the ice.

Lots of snow means an abundance of wildflowers since snow is nature's way
of keeping plants happy during bitter cold. This year's snow isn't deep
enough for snowshoes. We may burn ours to stay warm.

Brandy works, too.

Old 28-01-2004, 02:42 AM

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:52:28 GMT, "Dewolla"
wrote:

Just finished repotting my 45 tomato sprouts from flats into 3" peat pots.
They are out in the drizzle right now, getting a diffused sunlight and
humidity. Temp outside is 55.

I'm so excited!

What kind have you got? If interesting and you are near Oakland, plant
some more and I'll be glad to pay the going rate for half a dozen.

Roy - Carpe Noctem
Old 29-01-2004, 02:40 AM

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:43:41 GMT, "Dewolla Stepon"
wrote:

Sorry, Roy, all my plants are spoken for and I planted all the seeds I had.

Always a big problem with a small garden, isn't it? For example, I
like calavasita, the Mexican-style squash. But all I need is maybe
10-12 seeds. Same goes for purple peacock pole beans. Same for just
about everything else.

If I buy the seeds for the various things I want to grow, I end up
spending vastly more than I need to and having enough seeds to last a
4-6 years.

I've heard of seed exchanges. More like we need a neighborhood seed
buying coop, where we each buy one item, then trade the remainer for a
few of each of the rest.

Sounds like a good internet project, except that postage would exceed
the cost of the seeds.

Or maybe the seed companies could come up with a "small garden packet"
- a dozen seeds for, say, six different items - for a set price.

I would buy it. Monsanto! Are you reading this?

Roy - Carpe Noctem