Old 29-01-2004, 04:42 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Bamboo Feature?

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:25:57 +0000, John wrote:

However, I'd like to introduce a "feature" made from the large bamboo
(poles) trunks readily available in the garden centres.

I don't think a bamcoo fence all round would be suitable, and cannot
for the life of me think of an irregular shaped bamboo feature which
would fit the bill. An arbour just wouldn't look right and would
probably be too large anyway.

I'd be obliged for any ideas that you may have on the subject.

The Japanese have a garden feature called a "sleeve" fence --
just a short length of fence protruding from a wall, say, to hide
a view or some unsightliness. You might want to put in a small
one, thereby not only satisfying your desire for a "bamboo
feature" but also giving your garden a slightly mysterious air
because you can't see everything in it at once.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada